256 Main Street

Carbondale, CO 81623


Call Us Today

Relocation Resources

Relocation Information

Congratulations on moving to a wonderful corner of the world! 

Relocation involves lots of changes, but part of my job as a realtor is to provide you with a road map that makes setting up a new life in a new place much easier. Below, you will find many helpful links and phone numbers.

Don’t hesitate to ask me for referrals to doctors, dentists, contractors or other resources you find that you need in the process of relocating.

Auto Registration

In Colorado, your car will be registered in the county where you live. The Roaring Fork Valley includes three counties, so you will need to note which one holds your new residence. Make sure to bring your car’s title, current registration, identification and your proof of insurance form when your go to the local Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). 

If you don’t yet have the pink slip, you should also bring along the name and address for your auto loan.
You will find full information about auto registration and titling in Colorado here.

Eagle County (Towns of El Jebel and parts of Basalt)

0020 Eagle County Drive, Suite A
El Jebel, CO
(970) 704-2700

Pitkin County (Towns of Aspen, Snowmass, and parts of Basalt)

530 E Main St.
Aspen, CO
(970) 920-5180

Garfield County (Towns of Carbondale and Glenwood Springs)

109 8th Street, Suite 200
Glenwood Springs
(970) 945-1377

Driver’s License

Everyone in the Roaring Fork Valley goes to Glenwood Springs to get a Colorado driver’s license. The Colorado Department of Motor Vehicles is located at:

Glenwood Springs Mall
51027 Highway 6, Suite 133, Glenwood Springs, CO
(970) 945-8229
more information


There are two major providers of electricity in the valley, along with rebates and options for buying or installing solar power. You can learn more about renewable energy options from the Community Office for Resource Efficiency (CORE), a nonprofit organization promoting renewable energy and energy efficiency.

The electric utilities are:

Natural Gas


  • AM Gas, Aspen: (970) 925-2901
  • Source Gas, Carbondale: (800) 563-0012
  • KN Energy, Glenwood Springs: (800) 563-0012

Telephone, Internet & TV

Because the mountains interfere with broadcast signals, most people here subscribe to cable or satellite TV and internet. Our local phone companies offer competitively priced packages that include TV and internet along with telephone service.

  • Qwest: (800) 244-1111
  • MCI: (800) 950-5555

Trash Service

In this area, trash is collected by private companies rather than by town governments.

Water Services

  • Aspen Water Department (970) 920-5030
  • Basalt Water Department (970) 927-4701
  • Carbondale Water Department (970) 963-2733
  • Glenwood Springs Water Department (970) 334-6400